Ecorepel® Bio – Water-repelling on the basis of renewable primary products
The plant cuticle is the very outer layer of leaves which protects them from uncontrolled evaporation. This wafer-thin waxy film enveloping the leaves and stems is responsible for the familiar way that water droplets run off in the morning dew or in heavy rain. This effect is the exact inspiration for Ecorepel® Bio.
Ecorepel® Bio imitates plants’ natural protection with the aid of a high performance, permanently odourless high-tech finish. It is PFC-free and is obtained entirely from renewable primary products. The finish envelopes the fibres of the fabric in a thin film, providing the repellent effect which allows water droplets and aqueous dirt to run off the surface.
- Water and dirt repelling
- Laundry and abrasion resistant
- Outstanding wash resistance
- No impact on breathability (in accordance with ISO 11092)
- No impact on feel
- Diverse application options
- Reactivation of the function through heat treatment (depending on material, iron or tumble dryer; do not use fabric conditioner)